I have struggled over the years to find presents for my children that are not toys. They have a whole basement full of toys they never touch. Maybe a Barbie is played with, a favorite car, but the majority of them sit, cold, untouched in little bins. I can't bring myself to fork out money for more useless, unused toys. So, I thought I'd make a list of ideas of gifts that are not toys for kids ages around 4-7:
Books
Crafts that inspire a talent or a skill ie knitting looms, drawing materials, coloring books and pencils
Clothes
Dress up (hey not just for girls, knight costumes are cool, too)
Gift certificates for "dates" with mom or dad
Tickets to a show (ie movies or a play, Disney on Ice etc)
Outdoor activities, includes things like bikes, or trampolines
Games
Do you have any other suggestions?
1 comment:
ooh, i like giving "experiences" instead of toys. Swimming lessons for a summer birthday, zoo pass is what grandma & grandpa gave us. Museum passes, too.
Post a Comment