Hello! This is my first blog, although I talk to myself "blog-style" all the time, imagining myself witty, fascinating, and entertaining, never dreaming of putting my thoughts into print. I've now succumbed to peer pressure and decided to write down my drivel for the world.
First, I am a mom. I love it! I stay at home with my two children who are my jewels*. You'll probably see more pictures of them than anyone else. My husband is a student. We live on a modest income. I'm not thrifty, not like some of my friends; I just try not to spend money. I don't like to cook, unless it's something challenging. I lived in France for a few months as a missionary, and I can never go back to "normal American" food again (no casseroles). During my sojourn in Europe, I turned into a chocolate snob--I only eat Swiss chocolate. That's an improvement to not liking chocolate at all.
*This is a reference to painting I saw in a magazine. I later found it online.
I would love a print.
2 comments:
This is extremely exciting that we are now blogging friends--- I love your introduction, you are going to be a terrific blogger. So what do you like about the painting? Thanks for starting one :) You'll soon see how fun they can be!
So, this painting....I saw it in the Ensign and beside the artist being French (Noel Halle) it also tells the story of a mother who instead of thinking of her own vanity, she put her value on her children--her focus. They became influencial in the history of the Great Roman Empire. I just think that if moms all thought of their children as their greatest assets, there would be less hurt and more love in the world.
Post a Comment