Who am I?
I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
My favorite way to wake up
Ahhhh, morning time. Time to reflect on the day, think and plan for all the things laid out for the day. Hubby might wake up the kids and bring the son, wrapped in the blankie and carrying the aforementioned Tigee. There is something in the sweet softness of a toddler, if you don't mind the odd smell, of him nuzzled close, drinking water from a sippie that's been in his bed. BEEN IN HIS BED? How long has that been there and you're letting him drink it? Next comes the heaves, since he is so close, I can feel them start at the base of his stomach. I cover his mouth, just to be sure it sprays over everything, my daughter, the expensive bedding, the carpet. I yell for my hubby who's just gotten out of the shower. "Get a bowl," I yell. He dashes out, wet, but dressed, thankfully and dashes to the kitchen. While he's there, my son heaves again. This time, I'm covered, and I mean covered clear up to my ear! in thankfully just water and a little bile, throw up. My husband returns with a metal mixing bowl and sticks it on top of the liquid seeping through the sheets. "Take him," I say, not very kindly. "I'm taking a shower." Careful not to drip anything more anywhere, I undress and jump into a freezing shower. "Did you use all the hotwater?" I ask, trying to find the heat. "No," he sounds defensive this time, and hands the boy into me who clings like a koala to me and the smell of vomit on his hair makes my empty stomach want to play the same trick. We wash up and change the sheets and take down the bedding to be dry cleaned. 35 bucks???? What a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Amey, that's horrible. I hope everyone feels better and the stuff comes out of the bedding!
That's gotta be on the top of the list! :)
I hope the little guy is feeling better.
Understand, sympathize and hope it got better.
We send our love,
Shauna
Post a Comment