I'm taking a poll, so feel free to leave your opinion. What is the best thing to get a kid for his/her birthday? I have a friend of mine here who hates it when people giver her kids toys, coloring books or clothes from other people, so I'm like, what do I get your kid? Candy is out. I was thinking of opening a CD in her child's name or buying some stock in Apple.
Another of my friends throws away all the toys her father in law buys for her kid. And now I'm left thinking, what am I going to get a three year old? Socks? Diapers? Something practical. Should I suggest she register at Target so we get him the right size and exactly what she wants? Or should I say, forget you lady and your pampered son?
I guess for me, as a recipient of a gift we should be grateful but I see their frustration too of dealing with a bunch of junk. What then is the solution?
3 comments:
Uh, she need to get over it--part of having kids is having junk--and birthday parties mean--duh--presents--TOYS! Yeah, get a toy man! (But that's just my humble opinion...:))
I agree with Carolyn. It's a bummer that there are people like that. If she's going to be like that she should at least give you some ideas of what's acceptable. What kind of person is such a party pooper anyway? Her poor kid!
Books. They aren't toys, they are educational, and there are so many classics out there!
Post a Comment