So, here we are back in our house after our little "turkey incident." Hubby decided to make turkey noodle soup with the carcass and I washed my hands of the whole process since we still had broth in the freezer from last year. Unfortunately, we forgot it was on the stove when we walked out to go see "Christmas Carol" not even in 3D (totally not worth it) and came home to the smoke detector going off. When I opened the door, plumes of gray smoke billow out the door and I can't even see three feet into my house. My fearless 17 year old BIL scampers in and moves the turkey off the stove, but can't shut off the burner. If he dies of cancer in a few years, we'll know why. I feel blessed it was only smoke damage and nothing that requires many trips to the hospital and prayer and fasting for anyone to recuperate or live. We lived in a hotel for three and a half weeks while they repainted our house and cleaned our stuff. Man, when did we get so much junk? I was embarrassed to have them take out bags and bags and boxes and boxes of junk. The boxes are in, but now comes the chaos. I've taken this time, as we unload to dejunk. Given away four boxes of stuff and threw out six bags of trash! We're still sorting out what stinks. My pregnant nose is so sensitive that we are finding tons of stuff. We're letting it air out so that we won't have to replace so many things.
Sorry, I was going to announce over Thanksgiving that we're expecting again, but, uh, you know, life got in the way. Hopefully it will be healthy, especially after all the exposure to carcinogens and paint.
1 comment:
Congratulations on your new-addition-to-be! And good luck with putting your house back in order!
I enjoyed your Christmas card. Thanks for that. :)
Post a Comment