Who am I?
I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon
Friday, October 7, 2011
What's a romantic gift?
A long time ago in the 90's, I watched a remake of the movie "Father of the Bride." As far as remakes go, it's pretty good. But there was one part that I thought was a little silly. The bride-to-be bursts in the door in tears saying the wedding is off. When the parents dig a little deeper, they find that the groom had bought her a blender. Assuming he meant for her to be all domestic, she goes nuts and calls off the wedding. This is all sorted out of course and there is indeed a happy ending. But that brings to mind a question, what is a romantic gift? Romantic gifts , meaning, what expresses love, are different for each person. I'll have to say, my hubby got me a $300 Vitamix blender for Mother's Day. And we've used it more than all the jewelry he's gotten me. And guess which got him more smooches? That's right the blender. Was it a romantic gift? YES! Why? Because he knew I wanted it. Thoughtfulness, then is the key to romantic gifts. Do you agree?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I completely agree. I'd much rather have something I'll use than jewelry (which for some reason I don't use).
Yes--very true--i remember one Christmas when I was young watching my brother give his wife an electronic toothbrush and she thought it was super romantic!
And, thanks, you have convinced me to continue to stay away from Costco and similar stores--I think I do save more by buying at a normal grocery store as well--and by not always buying large amounts.
Hey AMey--I hope you check your blog for comments now and again. I tried to find your email but I couldn't. I will keep searching but it the meantime here is mine: whitingcarolyn@yahoo.com I'll give you my address when you email me. And I really hope I can see you in February! That would be so fun--I haven't seen you in SOO long. I just saw that you and Merilee went to EUROPE! THat is so awesome! I would love to hear about it. I guess I can call you if I don't hear from you. I think I have your number...Call me if I don't call yoU! Okay, long comment...
Post a Comment