Who am I?

I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

San Francisco!!!

We took a trip to San Francisco for a conference and played hookey one afternoon and went down to the wharf. It was so chilly, we bought a sweatshirt and jacket!
Total hottie! Oh, and the cable car. Mmmm, mmm!
The sign says hill. No. Really? That's Alcatraz in the back.
We had dinner at the Cityscape on the 46th floor in the Hilton,SF. Hubby decided to go down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Guess whose calves were sore for the next two days.
One of my mission companions lives in SF! She hasn't changed a bit.
Trying to cut costs, we only bought one plate and split it between us. That's not a statue but a picture of the hubbs! He lost lots of weight!
Salt water taffy haven!
The bay down by the piers.
He decided to go for a little dip. Just the feet!
Ghiradelli's chocolate factory. Mmmm. We had a butterscotch ice cream. (Split that one, too.)
Cake I made for the YW auction on 17th.
I was worried he was going to read the whole vacation!
We got accused of being honeymooners! Eating at a cafe. If you could see the prices, everything was 10 bucks a pop. We split! We got skinny after all the walking and taking halves in meals!
California street in Nob Hill.
We found some vegetation even in the Concrete Jungle!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Looks like a fun trip Amey--it's always nice to get away for a little while--glad that you got to!

MerBear's Blog said...

Wa-hoo! Yeah, you still are honeymooners, and don't ever quit it!

The Hoopers said...

Ryan and I went to SF a couple of years ago and loved it. It was really fun to see your pics because we've been there too. I'm glad you got to get away.

Unknown said...

Marc & I love this town! Wish it weren't so darn expensive (and liberal) or we might live there year round!