Who am I?

I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Buddhist

I think I'm going to become a Buddhist. Relax. I'm not going apostate. I've just decided to adopt one of their fundamental philosophies that life is suffering with bits of good times (they say it much better than that). And Pres. Hinckley, the eternal optimist, says that some beef is tough, some kids grow up to be kids etc so don't think I'm being pessimistic.

I write this as I start my fifth day of stomach flu. Now, I know there are much worse trials out there, tons worse, so much worse that makes five days of loosing my lunch and eating a steady diet of ibuprofen look laughable. So, I've had a few days to think things over. Ok, well the first two days don't count because I was too exhausted to carry a thought in my head. However after such trials I have learned a few things:

1)Anyone who thinks life is easy doesn't understand the reward when life is over.

2)Everyone has crap dumped on them. The trick is to be grateful.

3)I finally understand why most men should go to work and most women should stay home. My hubby "cleaned the house" meaning everything was picked up, but he didn't take care of the fine details of homemaking. And around seven one evening, after the kids were in here jumping on my bed, I realized they were hungry. I called out to my hubby who was trying to catch up on some work at home, "Aren't you going to fix dinner?" "Oh, yeah," he responded. If it was up to him, we'd be starved! Moms don't forget details like dinner! I feel so needed and so loved. I just wish I felt well enough to do something about it!

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon!

the Pearce Place said...

maybe you're pregos :)

RDZ said...

Hah. Funny, but, that's a definitive negative, Pearce Family.

Julee said...

lol I love reading your blog!!! Hope you are feeling better!!!