Who am I?

I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dinner time fun!

In our house we time-out, only it's different than maybe how anyone else does it. Our kids have to stay in their room (on a chair) until they choose to be happy. It puts the child in control of when they come out. And we want them to be with us so we tell them to hurry and decide because we miss them. Well, during the dramatics at dinner tonight, my son was freaking out and we told him he needed to choose to be happy. In an instant, he gets down from the table and disappears. We shrug. A few minutes later, he comes back all happy and cheery! He put himself in time-out until he chose to be happy! It cracked me up!

Then, we had bean sprouts in dinner and he kept wrinkling his brow, "Worms" he said and pointed a chubby finger to our dinner. Hubby even picked one up and ate it, much to the son's skepticism. Finally we convinced him they were sprouts and not worms.

4 comments:

the Pearce Place said...

That's a great idea! I'm stealing it, we need help in that area.

Julee said...

What a good idea Amy!!! You are such a good mommy! That is so cute!

AZ said...

Tonight at FHE, I'm happy to report he didn't have to go to time-out to be happy! Progress1

AZ said...

let me know how it works out!