Who am I?

I like Swiss chocolate, I'm a mother of three, a wife, a writer, and I'm a Mormon

Saturday, June 13, 2009

More Funny stories

So, my son loves fruit. I mean, if we let him, that's all he'd eat. He's got a sweet tooth like his daddy and I think fruit is better than sweets so we indulge him. However, the other night I bought a few pounds of plumbs and peaches at our local farmer's market. While we ate dinner, he excused himself--I guess what I cooked wasn't to his liking. We found him later in the kitchen. He had climbed up the counters, snagged the fruit and had taken a bite out of four peaches and ate several plumbs in the matter of a few minutes.

Then today, we finished off a pint of blueberries and I tossed the container into the recycling. The boy tips over the bin and crawls head first in there. I can barely make out his toddler speech as it it muffled by the plastic can: "Not finished yet." When my husband extricates him, the boy is holding the pint container, a lone blueberry clinging to its edges, forgotten. My son pops open the lid, pinches the blueberry and tosses it into his mouth. "Now all gone."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A fruit junky. That's funny.