There is nothing sweeter than hearing a child pray. It has a sweetness to it that can only be compared to purity and innocence.
My son is learning how to pray. He's two and a half now. He's got the beginning part down pat, it's the middle that is muddled. So, when he gets stuck, he peeks up to mom or dad who offer a suggestion. Irritated, he screams, "I do it!" Then he starts all over again with the address. This sometimes repeats several times before he gets it right. Being weary with hunger makes us less picky of the prayer. Of course we've never starved to death before the ending of the prayer, but it could happen.
2 comments:
He volunteered to pray in nursery yesterday over the snack. He said he did not need help. I heard the words, bless, snack, mommy, daddy, and he had the beginning and ending nailed! Excellent!
Wow! I'm so impressed! I'm not failing!
Post a Comment